We all have experienced it some other day that while singing out some song very loud, we realize later we have been singing the wrong lyrics all the time. Lyric videos then act as our saviour. Who hasn’t searched for their favourite song’s lyrics, right? Fans can benefit much from lyric videos. Not only are they inexpensive to produce, but they also gain momentum, attract more viewers, and let your fans understand the true meaning of your song’s lyrics.
The purpose of a lyric video:
Many factors make a lyric video an excellent choice for you. Some of them are given below:
- Economical: Making a lyric video is inexpensive. Making a whole music video doesn’t have to be expensive.
- Simple to make: Making lyrics vis a simple cult process. You may create one quickly and post your song on social media. It is not only easy, but it also saves time.
- Accuracy: Instead of getting wrong lyrics from other sources, a lyric video can assist your foin understanding the actual words of the music.
- Imagine using pre-release marketing to make your music popular before the official video is released. A lyric video makes it possible.
- Animation and lyric videos can help you tell a story with your song.
We’ve created this guide to walk you through the exact stages of producing high-quality lyric films to help you make excellent lyrics, even if you’ve never edited a video.
What music copyrights need to be considered when creating videos?
If you are making a lyric video for another person, be careful to obtain their consent. You can get in touch with the artist directly or through a website. If you don’t, you risk having your YouTube lyric video muted, demonetized, or removed. You don’t have to be concerned about copyright violations on YouTube when making a lyric video for your music. Make careful to provide evidence that you are the original developer.
Stock footage’s function in lyric videos
Making a lyric video with a bland, uninteresting setting is optional. A music video using stock footage and lyrics is ideal for capturing viewers’ interest and holding it for a while. Stock footage enables lyric video artists to establish the mood of their work and tap into the audience’s feelings.
Now let’s jump into all the tips and tricks you need to make a lyric video for your YouTube.
Preparation for the video creation:
- Choose a song: Choose a theme for your YouTube music video. In general, you want to choose a piece that is well-known enough to draw attention but not so famous that many people have already made lyric videos for it. Use older music because recently released tracks are frequently only available on the artists’ official pages.
- If you already have it, download the music. You can get the MP3 version of the song from YouTube or buy the music and download it to your PC. For the music to appear in your iTunes library on a Mac, you must play it once. Remember that YouTube frequently marks unlicensed music as a copyright violation.
- Find the lyrics to the song. Enter the title of your music and the word “lyrics” into a search engine. On YouTube, exact, grammatically correct pieces typically do better than incorrect, misspelt lyrics.
Video editing using any software:
- Open the software and give your video a title, i.e., the song’s name and artist.
- You can add the desired transitions or animations to your text.
- Add the music whose lyric video you are creating.
- Add texts according to the song lyrics and synchronize the timings.
- Adjust the duration of the texts and add more slides if you need.
- Save your video.
Uploading the video:
- Start YouTube. Open a browser and go to https://www.youtube.com. If you’re logged in, this will launch your home page on YouTube. Click SIGN IN in the top-right corner, then enter your Google email address and password if you aren’t already logged in.
- Tap the “Upload” button. It then displays the uploads page.
- Select and open the file you need to upload.
- Give your video a title. Change the text “My Movie” to whatever you want to call your lyric video in the “My Movie” text box near the top of the page.
- If required, include tags and a description. In the “Description” box, you can describe your lyric video (this is an excellent area to give artist credit), and in the “Tags” text box, you can add tags.
- As the video is being processed, wait. You can continue once the progress bar at the top of the page is gone.
- Video processing can take a few minutes to several hours, so be sure your computer is plugged into a power source during this time.
- Press Publish. Your video will then be published on your channel. Now you should be able to watch and distribute the YouTube video as you like.
Things to keep in mind while making lyric video:
Here are the secret tips for those still looking for more than just the fundamentals. Learn how to provide your followers with lyric music videos that promote engagement with these straightforward yet constructive tips:
- Ensure complete accuracy: The last thing you want is for your lyric video’s audience to read the wrong lyrics. Therefore, as you add them to your video, be accurate. To eliminate the possibility of typos or wrong subtitles, double- or triple-check each word.
- Pick a theme: For an entertaining video, choose a topic and make sure your project is built around it.
- Pick a colour palette: The colour palette, a must-have for any intriguing lyric video, significantly improves the piece’s aesthetic appeal.
- Use filters: You might want to exclude them and leave the video in its natural state, but the correct one can elevate your lyric music video to a new level. Try out various filters until you discover the one that best matches the colour scheme of your lyric video. You’ll adore the outcomes.
Lyrics videos are an excellent place to start if you’re just getting started with either making music videos or even editing videos. They’re reasonably simple to make and allow you to improve your editing abilities due to the sheer diversity you can generate in these videos.