Have you ever thought about how much money your favorite YouTuber earns from YouTube?
YouTube is a well-known platform and everyone uses it. Some people watch YouTube for entertainment and some people make their channel to earn money.
What Basis YouTube Pays Money?
- Audience: YouTube analytics sees what kind of audience you have. What are the in which fields audiences have an interest? Building an audience is very important to earn from YouTube. Understand what kind of content the audience will like and are things you are lacking on your channel. Doing something different or unique over a while will always interest the audience and it will keep the level of excitement up.
- Video Metadata: All the data like video title, description, text, and subtitles also plays role in earning money from YouTube. Using the right tags which go with your video very well and help users to find it easily makes a huge difference. Researching the keywords which are best suitable for your videos is a must for good video metadata.
- Advertiser Friendly Content: YouTube pays more money on advertiser-friendly videos. So that more ads can be played. For example. A video that is 15mins long and 4 to 5 ads are being played in between then the amount automatically increases 4to5 times because of the ads.
- Originality: You can only monetize your channel if your content is original and not copied from any other sources. So, it is essential for your channel that your content is 100% original, or else you may get copyright claims, and thus, YouTube will not monetize those copyrighted videos.
- Make sure that your channel follows YouTube policies: YouTube has policies like Community Guidelines, Copyright, Terms of Service, Google AdSense Program Policies, and Advertiser Friendly Content Guidelines through which YouTube reviews your channel whether it is suitable or not for monetizing the channel. The reviewers mainly check the Main theme of the channel, Proportion of watch time, most viewed videos, and newest videos.
According to YouTube Monetization Policies, you can only monetize your channel if your channel is eligible. If you have a minimum watch time of 4000hours in the past 12months. Have subscribers of more than 1000. Have no Community Guidelines strike on your channel. These are the minimum eligibility criteria to monetize your channel. Violating any of the policies of YouTube may lead to loss of money. Especially in the case of copyright claims.
Earning money on YouTube depends on so many factors. These are general factors Country/ Region, Category of YouTube Channel, and Watch Time hours. Let’s discuss them.
To understand these things you need to understand.
What is CPM?
CPM is the cost per 1000 impressions. It is a metric that depicts how much money an advertiser is spending to show ads on YouTube. It depends on Country/ Region, Category of YouTube Channel, and Watch time hours.
- Country/Region: Each country’s YouTube CPM rate is different according to YouTube Rules and Regulations. Currently, India’s CPM rate is $0.70 which is 51.94 INR. So, according to this, an Indian YouTuber earns approximately 52 Thousand INR on 1Million views in the present time.
Top 10 Countries in CPM Rates:
- Norway – $ 43.15
- Germany – $ 38.85
- Moldova – $ 29.50
- Algeria – $ 24.50
- South Korea – $ 17.00
- Sweden – $ 18.18
- Finland – $ 14.90
- United Kingdom – $ 13.75
- Canada – $ 13.50
- United States – $ 13.00
- India – $ 0.70
- Category: YouTube pays money based on the category of your channel. Different categories have different rates fixed. These categories are Comedy, Singing, Technology, Roast, Cooking, Education, Gaming, Sports, Fashion, Horror, and much more. Other categories like Reaction channels get copyrighted most of the time so they don’t do well.
- Watch Time Hours: Watch-time hours play a vital role in earnings. It depends on how long the video is. Longer videos can add more ads in between them. A video with a duration of 30minutes can earn more money than a video that has a duration of 10minutes. Even if they both come under the same category.
For example, there are 2 comedy channels. On one channel videos with the duration of 30minutes are being uploaded. On the other channel videos with the duration of 10minutes are uploaded. So, the first channel’s watch time will be more and will earn more money because of that. To maintain your watch time, you should provide high-quality content which interests viewers to watch your full video. Do not leave it in between. Many times videos are long and have ads too but it is not engaging enough to make the viewer stay till the end. Many viewers may find it boring. So, it is important to maintain engagement throughout the whole video.
- Engagement: YouTube also decides your earnings based on the type of engagement you have on your channel. This is the reason YouTubers ask their viewers to Like, Comment & Share their videos. The number of subscribers indirectly affects your earnings. That is why they ask you to subscribe to their channel. There is no direct connection between subscribers and earning money on YouTube. Engagement is very important. YouTube decides what type of advertisement will be played based on your engagement. If you have high engagement on your channel, the advertisement with a high rate will be played or vice versa.
- Live views: YouTube also does analytics on how well or engaging your live sessions are. Yes, live views are counted as well.
- Targeting Other Channels: What some channels do is target other channels. So, whenever someone plays the video of that channel that you have targeted they will see your channel in advertisements. Which also helps in promoting your channel and boosting engagement on videos.
- Editing: Proper editing is important to maintain engagement in your videos. As many times bad editing may irritate the viewer and they may lose interest in your videos. Usage of better background and good editing makes your videos more entertaining and engaging.